Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A Different Kind of Race

In 1856, Ivan Turgenev wrote: "There is nothing more excruciating than the realization that one has just committed an act of stupidity".
Have I committed an act of stupidity to have asked a friend to sign me up for the 5km Cancer Walk at the end of this month? I can't walk from my bedroom to the loo without losing my breath - but I so badly want to be out there in the stream of life. Living in a sterile environment is like living in a prison. I dream of feeling the wind against my skin, walking and laughing with others. It does not matter if the sun shines or it rains, I would love to feel part of the human race again.
I wonder if Algoa FM Big Walk for Cancer will accept a participant in a mask and a wheelbarrow (which I call my wheelchair) when I can't walk any further?
Was this an act of stupidity or was it a step towards a dream? Maybe it is just a stupid dream.

But on second thoughts, if I don’t try then I am a failure.  If I try and fail, I only failed at that task.  Bring it on!!!  Inshallah 

1 comments:

thulannguyen said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như mua máy đưa võng ở tphcm địa chỉ ở đâu uy tín.