Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Maybe Dying is Like an Orgasm

My life is short and in a blink of an eye it is gone.  This was brought home to me as an absolute truth when I was diagnosed with leukemia.  I have learned so much.  I learned that I have to really live, every moment of every day.  If it is a shit day, I can look forward to a better day.  When it is a better day, I really appreciate it because life is like a pendulum.  It does not stay good forever either.

I will not lie down and say woe is me.   I will live, love, shock, swear, laugh cry, and dance while I am alive.  I will live until I die.  I will face this monster of an illness and I will tame it.  I will turn the leukemia and breast cancer from a monster into a chameleon.   I will live without fear. I face this and live with courage and boldness.  I live daringly, feeling every emotion and doing what I like and what I want when I can.

Let me give thanks for the love and companionship of those I love.   It is far more important for me to love than to be loved.   Let me be grateful for the miracle of life.  Out of my inner pain, may I learn to touch my fellow creatures with compassion, empathy and understanding.  Let me do the things I need to do or say what I need to say to everyone right now.  I will not let one day go by that I say that I did not live, that I let something slide by, that I did not make someone else smile, that I did not take the time to hug someone or tell them how much I love them. 


May I have the courage to live fully so that when I return to Source, I can say, “I really lived!”  I no longer fear death but look forward to it with eager anticipation for the next adventure of a lifetime.  And who knows?  Maybe dying is as pleasant as an orgasm. 

0 comments: