Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Kindness has Enormous Power

This has been a long journey - over two months and is not over yet.  
It is with deep depth of gratitude that I place this message on FB.  I have no idea how to thank the hundreds of FB friends who have prayed for me and thought about me during this time, or of thanking those who sent me flowers or came to visit.  How am I to thank the women who have sent me a message via mobile phone every single day – finding out how I am and encouraging me to never give up; and to the many phone calls to Patrick to find out how I am?  It is all deeply gratifying for me.    Kindness has enormous power and can give the one receiving it the strength to get up time and time again.  Beneath the shelter of your compassion you have protected me.  Thank you.

As soon as I have fought the fight for myself, I will again be on an Impossible Mission.  It is part of my personality to fight injustice and if I turn my back on that, I am turning my back on myself and I will become paralysed.   I have to first save myself or we shall all drown.  I have however, numerous ideas for more impossible missions.  I have had enough time to think about that. 

A special thank you to Maureen Parry, Dawn Detlor, Gert Fouche, Marge Canning, Ben Kruger, Michael Crawford, Arthur da Silva and my cousins, Michelle Koen and Sandi van der Riet, for all your support.     Forgive me if I have failed to mention you by name – every single message to me has been appreciated.   In advance I also apologise for not responding to each and every person who has messaged me.  It is too great a task for me at the moment, as my touch typing has digressed (temporarily) to typing with one hand. 

I am not out of the woods yet, but I can see a path in front of me.  I keep my eyes focused on the goal of good health and do not lower my eyes when the path becomes complicated.  The only time I look down is when I am going down stairs for failure to be observant on stairs could result in a broken neck.  All else is just that – a complication and challenge to overcome.   

0 comments: