Monday, March 23, 2015

The Puzzle of Missing Prisoner No 94616105

Eugene de Kock 
Eugene de Kock has been missing since his supposed parole given to him in January 2015.   I first started feeling unsure and concerned that he may not be in a place where he wants to be after I had not heard from him for three weeks after his alleged release from prison.  Over the years, I have learned from others that he is an officer and a gentleman, and as such, he would never not have contacted me if he was in the position to do so (as he had done before).   
My network of contacts has included some that I can trust and others that I felt were untrustworthy.  However, I kept the enemy closer than I did Eugene’s friends.   
I sent the t-shirts that needed to be signed to a contact who told me he was in contact with Eugene and he could get the shirts signed.  This was a project to auction signed Free Eugene T-shirts with his date of incarceration, date of release and his signature.  There were 12 shirts which were to be signed and auctioned once a month to give Eugene some finances for a year.  After I had couriered the shirts to my contact, I waited two weeks before asking again if the shirts had been signed. 
This is when my intuition hit me with a resounding clang – his response to me was that it was a bit of a problem to get the shirts signed because nothing was allowed to be taken into where Eugene was being kept, and nothing could be taken out of where he was.  He also told me that Eugene had no access to mail, telephones or internet.   This was a very strange situation because every parolee surely would have access to at least a fax or a phone.  
My feeling of unease about Eugene became worse and worse, the longer I and the admins on our Free Eugene de Kock page did not hear from him.   If he was in a safe house for his own protection, then surely he would at least have access to a mobile phone.
From the time that I founded the Free Eugene de Kock page, I had the unfortunate job of telling some people that I will not give information to anyone who will use Eugene to increase their fame, increase their wealth or brush up their egos at his expense.  Needless to say, those people blocked and banned me, making my contact list slightly shorter.  I did not want anyone to be on our site just to see what they could get out of it, but rather wanted people who were as passionate about his freedom as I was and who had no ulterior motive for being on the group.
We have had agents’ provocateurs, spooks, spies, double agents and shit stirrers in our group.  We have watched them carefully, allowing them to stay but watching without them knowing that we are watching them.  Often information is forthcoming when you allow the spies to think you are stupid, so you learn to play the game for your own benefit (or at least for the benefit for EdK).
When the media over the weekend broke with “Where is Eugene de Kock?”, I was not surprised.  This had been my uneasy feeling about him.   I immediately contacted everyone I knew who had Eugene’s interests at heart, and I also played the Mata Hari with the enemy.  All I managed to get from my contacts was that he was safe, and at that time, it was enough for me.  
Another thing that has puzzled me is that Piet Croucamp has been the spokesperson in all media and television reports all along.  His silence has been conspicuous by its absence.   
Mention was also made in one newspaper report of a ‘friend’ of Eugene’s who made a statement.  That ‘friend’ has never been part of our group.  What kind of a ‘friend’ would only pop out of the woodwork at this late stage of the game?    Is this the media looking for a story but have no information? 
But fighting to free Eugene de Kock will only end when he is truly free to come and go as he pleases, to be able to do what he wants.  So again today, I was back on the job. 
My latest information is the following:  Daar is niks snaaks omtrent dit nie, die SAPS het hom in veilige bewaring teen n bedreiging van die regse en oud kollegas van hom, dit gaan oor die boek wat hy en n skrywer geskryf het en daar is ouens wat bang is hy noem name en ander insidente wat kan lei to vervolging.  Hy ……….. is in veilige bewaring.  Hy hou nie van die veilige bewaring nie ……………………………maar hy moet dit via die regs kanale doen.
My gevoel is dat die regering hom wil beskerm want as hy iets gaan oorkom gaan dit ander wurms uit die blik laat klim en hulle wil dit nie he nie, so dit is beter om hom te beskerm en die bedreiging te neutraliseer.
This is completely opposite to the news in the media where all the agencies deny knowing where he is.  Also how will the threats be neutralised?  As long as there are people out there who have not repented, asked forgiveness or have something to lose by Eugene being out, how can every threat be neutralised?  And what does neutralised mean exactly? 
And why could the media coverage and advertising of the book by Anemari Jansen not have been held back until a more appropriate time or when Eugene was safe?  After all, the book is not even published or on the bookshelves yet. These are the things that puzzle me. 
I am no soldier, no colleague and have no experience in war, never mind bush war, but I sure as hell would be able to hide him that no one would ever find him.   I am sure that there are others out there, mostly those who have never met him, who would be equally able to keep him hidden with access to telephones and internet.  Eugene also has a huge base of loyal men and women that he worked with who would do anything to ensure his safety. 
What I have written is how I feel.  I have not revealed my sources and I never will.  However, my logic tells me that something is amiss.  I do not know what the whole truth is yet.  I am also sure to get my arse kicked for writing this - but I am learning to have a thick skin and doing what my conscience tells me, and to hell with the consequences. 

Our Free Eugene de Kock group will continue to work for his unconditional release until the day I am told by Eugene, in person, to close the group.  A luta continua!!!

0 comments: