Monday, March 16, 2015

Life-enchancing decisions

Buy it today on www.blurb.com 
I was all fired up about my writing the blog every day and then my computer crashed. Why is it that when we try to get our lives in order and do what we really want to do, the first things that happen are to try and stop you from achieving what you want to do? Since my computer crashed, I had another good excuse to procrastinate and postpone, but instead, I felt irritable. Strange. 

So the computer is up and running again although I still can’t print and scan. Seems that the bits or bytes that various things need, have to be compatible. I don’t have the inclination to learn about these things so guess I will just muddle along the best I can. 

So here I am again today … sitting in front of the computer and wondering what on earth I can write about today. I have so many things to share but at the same time, nothing of great importance so I wonder again what value I have to give to anyone. My self-doubt surfacing again!  Come on, Dianne, who cares whether anyone reads this or not! Just do it! 

One would think that by the time we get to my age, we would have let go of the child-like self-doubt that comes when we need to do something different. There is tremendous power in initiating the decision to do something different that will be of benefit to one’s overall life. Doing what we want to do as opposed to what we need to do, is a life-enhancing behaviour. I am writing because it will enhance my life and therefore I should have no self-doubt. I should not be concerned whether my blog-writing will be of benefit or of value to anyone else because it has value to me. Yes, I am talking to myself here and you don’t need to read this if you don’t want to. I am doing this for me … a huge step away from my normal modus operandi which is to continually do for others and to neglect myself. Some wise person once stated that you can’t help yourself without helping others, so that means that somewhere in this blog there will be value for someone else. 

I love to write, I love to create, I love to read and I love to talk to people, so I guess I will be spending more time doing just that and less time doing chores that don’t bring me joy, but need to be done, nonetheless. It will not matter one iota or cause anyone concern if I don’t clean the house every day, if I don’t iron a shirt or scrub the bath. Today I am making the decision to be less anal about house cleanliness and to spend more time doing things that make me happy. 

It takes a long time and many experiences to come to know who you are and why you are here on earth. It takes many knocks and a lot of courage to look deep inside of oneself to find out the essence of who you are and then to acknowledge it and act on it.

Communication and honest emotional expression is my life’s purpose. I have had some hard lessons in learning to be honest with my emotional expression and even now, I find myself slipping in the honesty department of my emotions. But if I deny myself this expression and deny myself communication with other human beings (I prefer people to animals), then I will be killing a part of me. 

Today I am choosing to live, be happy, and to continue to make life-enhancing decisions. I have to find the courage to put those decisions into action and not let my self-doubt stand in my way.   Life is far too short to wallow in self-pity or get caught up in other people’s drama.  The drama of my own life is enough.



 

0 comments: