Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Texbook of Life

I am the pupil and the teacher. There is no other teacher who is better equipped to teach me than myself. And if I learn well, there is no better pupil than myself. The outside influences, the situations and conditions are the lessons, the textbooks of life. The textbooks are compulsory. I do not have a choice as to what subject I will take or what lesson I will learn. Everyone has a textbook of life. My textbook was written before I was born. I cannot change it. I cannot apply to do another subject. I can do nothing about the textbook I have been given. I have to complete it. But how I learn my lessons, how I interpret my subject, how fast I learn and what knowledge and wisdom I take away from this classroom of life, this is entirely dependent on me. Me, the pupil! Me, the teacher! Life, my lessons!
The textbooks are filled with adversity because it is through adversity, calamity and pain that I am given the opportunity to learn. Not everyone will learn from adversity. I will only learn from adversity if I can overcome it, rise above it and move on with more wisdom, understanding and clarity. If I cannot rise above the adversity, I fail my grade. I stay behind while everyone moves onto the next grade. If I stay behind because I failed my grade, I will have the same lesson again and again, more and more adversity until eventually, I learn to rise above it, pass it and move on.
I think that everyone is given these textbooks on arrival at the earth school. There is not one person who walks this earth who has been given a free ride through the grades of life. I might believe that my textbook is more difficult than another's.
This is not true. I just dont know how much further they have progressed in their books. They might be a number of chapters ahead of me, or they might be a few pages behind. The only thing that I can be sure of, is that I too have my textbooks from which I have to learn. Because I am part of the universal Soul, of God, I helped set up my own curriculum. I decided, together with God, what lessons I needed to learn before I came here. I think that everyone helped set up their own curricula. They are all of equal difficulty. The difficulty level is determined only by my perception of the work I have to complete.
The lessons are only difficult in the degree of God consciousness I possess. God consciousness is the realization that I am part of God and that God is within me. God cant fail, therefore I cant fail. The more God consciousness I possess, the easier the lessons are. Once I realize that I am dependent on the whole, on God, my textbook will become as easy to read and live as brushing my teeth. I will not even perceive any difficulties in life as lessons. In fact, I will not perceive any difficulties at all. As the co-creator of my life textbook, I know that I am well able to pass because I, myself, helped set up the curriculum.
When I look at others and think that their lives are easier than mine, I am unaware of whether I am acting as the teacher or as the pupil at that point. The idea is, to move between being the teacher and the pupil, as each page and each chapter presents itself to me. As each page is turned, I will first experience the lesson as the student. I will feel the humanness of the situation. I will feel the pain and the anguish. I will bang my head and cry Why me? I will rant and rave like the madman in the bible, playing with dead mens bones, playing with dead ideas in the cemetery of yesterday, tortured by every fear and belief. Then suddenly, I see the lesson behind what has happened. I suddenly find myself in my right mind, sitting at the feet of the Master. Am I the student, the maniac playing with the bones of dead men in the cemetery of yesterday or am I the teacher, in my right mind, sitting at the feet of the Master?
Whether I am the teacher or the pupil is dependent on how I perceive or view what is happening to me. The pupil considers the page of life from an individual and personal point of view. The teacher views it from a global or universal perspective. The pupil looks with human eyes. The teacher looks through the eyes of God. My lessons help me to grow spiritually and mentally, and it is through these lessons that I will create my truth.
My textbooks of life are filled with hardship and tribulations. These are the lessons that are presented to me. When I am the pupil, the hardships and suffering puts me into the Empire of Hell. When I learn how to overcome the difficulties, then I enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Adversity is in the Empire of Hell. Getting out of it and reaching the Kingdom of Heaven is when I have learned through adversity, when the end product is wisdom, compassion, understanding and joy. I will always be my most truthful and trustworthy teacher, and I will always be my own most sincere pupil.
The lessons that I learn in life can come to me in either small or large happenings. Sometimes, it will be one small, possibly insignificant event that will open my spiritual eyes. Other times, the moment of learning, of opening my eyes will come after a tremendous emotional or physical devastation, one that takes me through the dark night of the soul. And just when I think there is no reason to go on, another small, insignificant event will lead me out, back into the sunlight. That small event will become a monumental milestone, a spiritual landmark or signpost that I will remember for the rest of my life. That moment will be my re-birth, and that memory will be with me always. For suddenly, my spiritual eyes open and my spiritual ears hear. I perceive life and reality in a completely new way. I begin a new life. I start a new journey that will take me to places I only dreamed about. I find myself, no longer a madman, but in my right mind. I am suddenly lifted up, my burdens are light and I am free, free from fear and lack.







0 comments: