Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Few words from Anchor of my Soul

Anchor of my Soul

It has always been very important for me that I live a worthwhile life.  When I go to sleep at night, I want to know that my day had value, not only for me but at least for one more person.    A day is wasted when I have not made something, achieved something, made someone happy, made a difference in someone’s life, written something and especially not made someone smile. I don’t want to feel that a day in my life has been a waste.  For months and months of illness and an inability to do what I want to do during a day, I have doubted that I am living a worthwhile life.  I have been too ill to really live and I have not done such a good job of dying either, because I am still here.   Living a worthwhile life to me means that every single moment and every hour of the day must have worth.  

Very often, the only people I manage to get to laugh and smile are doctors and nurses.  I don’t feel that is good enough for me.  It is not a feeling of a day well lived.  The key to a successful hospital stay is to keep positive, keep smiling and keep the nurses entertained.  That way, they will be flitting round your bed so you don’t have to have endless waiting for your bell to bring someone to your bedside to help you.  But it is still not a good enough reason for me to know that I lived my day well. 

0 comments: