Friday, September 7, 2018

He no Longer Lives in my Nightmares






When one goes through a traumatic event or time, that memory lives on in your everyday thinking and haunts you in your nightmares.  The single best way to get rid of the effects of that trauma is to write it all down - whether it turns into a book or it gets burned or torn up - it is a cathartic experience to let it all out so it no longer controls your life. 

I went through the most traumatic time of my life when I became the target of the feared Scorpions - South Africa's elite law enforcement group.   It was the culmination of a restraining order that I served against a member of the South African Police for stalking and harassing me.   

When you walk into a storm, you don’t know if you are out of it or still in it, but you are different, more jaded, more cynical, less hopeful, less enthusiastic and more angry.   Until this book was written, I knew that I would still be in the storm.

 This book is not chronologically correct.  When a person is put through terror, nothing appears normal nor does one’s time appear linear.  Rather, time and events become jumbled up in one’s psyche, spewing over every now again as a smell, a sight, a song or even a view reminds you of that emotionally traumatic event.   This book is written as those senses are stimulated and as the memories come flooding back.  I am shaking and suffering from anxiety as I write this book.  Maybe the Scorpions and Jenner did win – Jenner said he would never stop to take me down…he lives in my nightmares. 


Easy to Kill you Bitch is available on Amazon and free on Kindle Select.

0 comments: