Sunday, September 14, 2014

How it started with Eugene de Kock

Centre:  Eugene de Kock 
My first wake up call to the injustice of many who sit in prisons around the world was when I read the story of Ken Saro Wiwa. He was not the first person to be unjustly imprisoned and executed, but he unfortunately won’t be the last either. 

Not even Nelson Mandela would get involved in Ken’s son’s plea to him to ask for clemency for his father. By the time I had read my first book on Ken, it was already too late to do anything about it. He had been executed. I made it my business to research the tragedy of this brave man’s life. May the life of Ken be forever on the conscience of Nigeria and Shell Oil! 

When Eugene de Kock came into my life, via a book I had read from the hospital library, I was determined to do the research and if I found that there was any injustice in his incarceration, I would do everything in my power to get him a Presidential Pardon. That is how it all started... Now we are a formidable group of people determined to have this man released via Presidential Pardon on compassionate grounds. 

0 comments: