Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Discovery Makes Final Decision on Payment for Life Saving Medication.

LATEST NEWS ON MY MEDICATION FROM DISCOVERY








Good afternoon Ms. Lang,

A funding decision has been communicated by our Ex Gratia Team, as provided by the Ex Gratia Committee, which I have attached for ease of reference.

As per attached, funding has been declined from Ex Gratia. We are unable to dispute this funding decision as Ex Gratia is a discretionary process with no guarantee of funding and once reached, the decision remains final.

Regards,

Thobile Mthembu
Escalated Relationship Manager
High Touch Team
Vitality status: SILVER

Email: rarediseases@discovery.co.za

This means that I will spend one week a month in hospital for my life-saving medication infusion that I have an allergic reaction to...Which Discovery is happy to pay for as well as to pay for the extra medications etc to manage the infusion. And the more times one is exposed to the allergen, the bigger the allergy until it becomes unmanageable. The hospital costs exceed the cost of the medication that I am not allergic to.

None of this makes sense to me at all. This kind of wisdom I do not understand.

0 comments: